Principal Experience Designer / London Hybrid (2 times a Week in London Office)
Xcede are proud to be partnering with a household multibrand retailer, that is looking to grow their digital future experience division across their brand and channels.
This exciting position is a mixture of being hands on and thought leadership, meaning you can really make your mark on the overall business as well as the wider design team. This newly created position is an individual contributor role, with no direct reports, however, you do have the seniority to make strategic decisions, that will further influence the whole design ecosystem.
- Setting a 3+ year plan to evolve and revolutionise experience design across all brands by setting design standards, tools, experience principles and design quality
- Working collaboratively with other design leaders, design teams and product teams to set development roadmaps, technology and architecture strategies need for the ambition to develop the business' digital ecosystem
- Collaborate with other design leaders and designers to solve complex design challenges
- Setting experience design standards for the business, by maintaining awareness and educating the design team through utilisation of design tools, skills, thinking and methodologies
- Lead the design across all brands through evidence from customer insight, data, long term commercial ambitions and connected to the business strategy
- Proven experience in a senior UX or Experience Design or Product Design position
- You must be hands on as well as a strategic, as this is an individual contributor position
- You must come from a matrix type organisation, across different teams/department
- Excellent communication skills, to be able influence c-suite and board level on strategies you are looking to implement
- Extensive knowledge of UX principles, toolkits, and metrics. Deep knowledge of the end-to-end process of designing and delivering digital user experiences
What in It For You
- A very competitive six figure base salary (DOE)
- Car Allowance
- Attractive Bonus (One of the best in the industry!)
- + Attractive Benefits Package!
- Opportunity to work for one of the most well respected and innovative retail brands
- Opportunity to shape the overall design for one of the most well known brands in the UK, from both a strategic and hands on perspective!
If this role sounds of interest, please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio and I will be in touch!