BI JOBS POOL CONTINUES TO GROW
Spotting key trends and translating actionable insights from data is a critical part of making insightful business decisions in a data-driven world. Businesses of every size and across every industry are recognising the power of data and the need for BI experts to help them pull clear insights from their data, and push their business forwards via data analytics, visualisation, modelling and reporting.
BI EXPERTS IN HIGH DEMAND
The growing need for Business Intelligence professionals across every sector means that the range of BI jobs, from contract and temporary to permanent and interim, continues to grow. From ecommerce to marketing and FinTech to EdTech, the need for niche BI experts continues to boom across sectors.
XCEDE’S BI EXPERTISE
Xcede work with a wide range of organisations who are looking for top BI talent, from pioneering start-ups to major household names.
Xcede’s renowned data team offer a wide variety of Business Intelligence jobs across Europe. We recruit at all levels across a wide range of roles including: BI Developer, BI Analyst, DWH Developer, Data Developer, BI Manager, BI Engineer and many more.
Join the data revolution and see how Xcede can help you take the next step in your career. Explore our opportunities below.
LATEST DATA JOBS
Xcede is proud to partner with an e-commerce giant. While generating +€15 billion in the last year they have decided to create their own online marketplace and internal payment processing platform. They are looking to stay on the cutting edge with their data infrastructure and maintain their dominance in Europe with their innovation by growing their handpicked team with a Business Intelligence Engineer.
Short-term You will be designing and developing ETL processes, Data Warehouses, Database Models and Cloud Architecture in their AWS environment, using your data modelling and analysis skills.
Longer-term you will oversee companywide BI processes, bring in best practices and develop Data Infrastructure, helping to decide on BI products and deploying them company wide.
- You have several years of experience in the business intelligence topics / projects.
- You are confident in using SQL and have already gained in-depth experience with BI solutions from a cloud provider - ideally AWS
- Basic knowledge of an object-oriented programming language such as Python or Java
- You are able to understand and explain complex issues and continuous knowledge building and teamwork are essential for you
- You have fluent language skills in German and English
- Competitive salary up to €110,000 total package
- Fully remote working environment (within Germany) - Huge Hamburg Campus (possibility to work remote)
- 30 Days holiday
- 30 work abroad days
- Summer and Christmas bonuses
- Great progression opportunities internally with many opportunities for technical/personal development + allocated development budget
- High Calibre team including ex- Meta, BCG, etc.
For more information, apply or contact Norman Cistovas
Senior Data Engineer (Snowflake)
London - x2 days in office a month as a rough expectation.
Xcede is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Data Engineer on behalf of a market leader in the retail and e-commerce space. Our continues to invest in innovation, delivering unparalleled shopping experiences to millions of customers in several formats. As they continue to expand their operations and enhance their digital capabilities, they're seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer who shares their ambition for well-structured, stable, scalable Data management systems.
The Senior Data Engineer should come with a proven track record in managing large-scale data infrastructures and pipelines that support sophisticated analytics. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining robust data solutions that drive strategic decision-making across multiple business units. This role is for someone who principally still loves to code, but who also feels comfortable engaging with stakeholders and mentoring others.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures using modern cloud platforms. Our client have a strong preference for Snowflake experience, but are open to those from a GCP / AWS / Azure background more generally.
- Develop high-performance ETL/ELT processes for batch and (ideally) real-time data integration.
- Ensure optimal extraction, transformation, loading (ETL) processes by implementing quality checks and balances.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including data scientists, analysts, and stakeholders to understand their data needs.
- Support machine learning model deployments by ensuring seamless access to quality datasets.
- Troubleshoot complex issues arising from extensive big-data environments.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of systems architecture and workflows.
- Ideally, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master's preferred.
- Several years of demonstrated commercial experience as a Data Engineer or similar role within large-scale environments dealing with large data sets.
- Expertise in SQL & dbt.
- Significant Python coding skills
- Containerisation experience (Dockers, Kubernetes)
- Cloud Computing experience ( GCP / AWS / Azure )
- Strong preference for a Snowflake background
- Knowledgeable working infrastructure-as-code tools Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Clear commercial experience in an automation & TDD environment - testing is of the utmost importance to our client.
Our Client Offer:
- A Competitive compensation package including a discretionary bonus and strong benefits
- Flexible work arrangements (come to the office as much as you want - equally the engineering team functions as a UK-based remote first group)
- A collaborative work environment (you'll notice the long tenures in the company)
- Continuous professional growth development
If this role interests you and you would like to find out more, please apply here or contact us via niall.wharton@Xcede.com (feel free to include a CV for review).
Salary: Up to €90,000
One of the largest clothing retailers in Europe is forming a new BI team and are looking for a (Senior) Business Intelligence Analyst. They have over 1,000 stores across Europe, grossed +€4 billion last year and are looking to continue their success with you helping them with decision making processes using data insights.
You will work closely with stakeholders across multiple departments and sit between the data engineering and controlling teams translating technical insights to actionable tasks. Defining BI use cases and using your understanding in various topics such as sales, logistics, finance, supply chain, etc. to optimise current practices. Using Power BI, you will develop reports and visualisations that provide valuable insights.
- Experience in Power BI or other reporting tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Strong stakeholder management experience - preferably working with upper management or C-Level
- B2 German language proficiency
- Nice to have knowledge of SQL and experience in MS BI (on prem or cloud) environment
- Nice to have experience in the retail industry
- Salary up to €90,000
- Flexible working hours
- Capital forming schemes (company pension, savings, etc.)
- Strong Individual progression plan with allocated learning and development budget
- 30 Vacation Days
- Excellent job security - high performing business in growing industry - consistently profitable
- Employee Discounts on company products
For more information, apply or contact Norman Cistovas
We're seeking a skilled BI Analyst to join our team. As a key player in our retail environment, you'll be responsible for maintaining and steering our Business Intelligence (BI) backlog and priorities. Your expertise in SQL, data structures, and databases will be crucial as you translate business requirements into technical solutions. You'll collaborate with business stakeholders, design technical architectures, and ensure future-proof data deliverables.
- Maintain and prioritize the Business Intelligence backlog.
- Lead scoping sessions with business stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Design technical architectures linked to source data, data models, and reporting.
- Ensure consistent technical direction for data deliverables.
- Hands-on experience as a Data Engineer, BI consultant, or Data Analyst, ideally in a retail environment.
- Broad knowledge of common data platforms.
- Expertise in SQL with an in-depth understanding of data structures and databases.
- Familiarity with different source systems, including Tableau, Shopify Plus, NetSuite, and Board.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the current data landscape, including data sources, quality, and governance.
- Define the organization's data strategy, outlining vision, goals, and objectives.
- Develop a roadmap for implementing the data strategy.
- Identify data gaps and recommend acquisition, integration, and enrichment strategies.
- Define data governance policies and processes.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Identify key performance indicators and metrics.
- Design and develop a reporting framework for actionable insights.
- Create intuitive dashboards and reports.
- Implement self-service analytics capabilities.
Location: fully remote, must be based in the UK
If you're passionate about data, thrive in a dynamic environment, and want to contribute to shaping our data-driven future, apply now! 🚀
Salary: €60,000 - €80,000
80% Remote 20% On-site
Xcede are proud to partner with one of the best BI & Data Consultancies to work at in Germany. They are looking for a BI / DWH Consultant to join their team. They are rated a Top 2024 Company by Kununu and have multiple workplace awards highlighting the care they have for everyone working at their company with leading workplace culture, flexibility, compensation, diversity and of course great projects in Banking, Media, Telecoms, Tech, Cloud, AI, Chemicals, Public Sector and much more.
- Your core tasks are the maintenance, further development and expansion of data warehouses.
- You will be actively involved in the development and coordination of solution concepts for technical requirements for the further development on BI and DWH topics.
- You are responsible for the technical support of the ongoing operation of the ETL processes.
- Your tasks will also include data modelling and database design.
- Experience in creating and developing Data Warehouses and ETL processes
- Strong SQL skills with understanding of an ETL tool
- Data modelling and database creation experience
- Able to gather requirements and analyse business use cases
- German B2+ - English nice to have
- Salary up to €80,000 total package
- Flexible trust based working hours
- 30 vacation days
- 30 work from abroad days
- 5 learning & development days within working hours with in-house campus
- Flat hierarchies & agile teams
- Company trips (ski trips, beer festivals and more), Summer & Christmas parties, team events
- Subsidised gym membership, public transport and company bicycle + pension scheme
For more information, apply or contact Norman Cistovas
LEAD DATA ENGINEER
London x2 days a month in office
Xcede are delighted to be partnered with one of the UK's most impactful HealthTech brands. The organisation have won numerous awards for their data-led approach to designing an impactful B2C product that has entirely disrupted their domain and outperformed their competitors.
With a well-established analytics, data science, and data engineering function already in place, the team is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to come in act primarily as a Principal IC while also helping with management of junior engineers (we'd like to see some experience of this).
- Manage and assist a team of data engineers.
- Design and continue to build essential data infrastructure for the organisation alongside data pipelines & ETLs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and machine learning engineers to design and implement scalable and efficient ML-based solutions.
- Coach and mentor your junior team members.
- BSc/ MSc / PhD degree in Computer Science or STEM subject
- Demonstratable commercial experience working on Data Pipelines, Data Warehouse, and ETLs.
- Strong Python coding skills
- GCP experience (GCP Datastream, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataform, BigQuery)
- Experience with modern development methods and tooling:
- containers (e.g., Docker)
- container orchestration (Kubernetes / K8s)
- CI/CD experience
- Version control (Git, Github, Gitlab)
- Orchestration / DAGs tools (e.g., Argo, Airflow, Kubeflow)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV to niall.wharton@@xcede.com or click the Apply Link.
We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team in London. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or a related field, with a strong background in SQL and Tableau. You will be responsible for delivering regular reporting and actionable insights through data visualizations in Tableau. You will create impactful and user-friendly Tableau dashboards, adhering to best practice data visualization guidelines. You will collaborate with stakeholders, presenting findings, and iterating on dashboards to keep them relevant. You will identify opportunities to automate manual processes, utilizing Tableau for visualizing data and streamlining workflows. You will provide engaging Tableau training to end-users and contribute to building a Tableau community by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Deliver regular reporting and actionable insights through data visualizations in Tableau.
- Create impactful and user-friendly Tableau dashboards, adhering to best practice data visualization guidelines.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, presenting findings, and iterating on dashboards to keep them relevant.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual processes, utilizing Tableau for visualizing data and streamlining workflows.
- Provide engaging Tableau training to end-users and contribute to building a Tableau community by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or related field.
- Proficient in Tableau, SQL, and Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
BI Expert (Microstrategy)
Location: Hamburg (3 days a week)
Xcede have partnered with a multi-billion euro company, who are based in over 50 countries. Due to their profit they are seeking a BI Expert to join the organisation, someone who has over 3 years experience with Microstratergy.
This role will be based in Hamburg. You will work 3 days onsite at their headquarters and 2 days remote.
- You recognize correlations and create insights from large amounts of data, which we can use to significantly improve our products and processes.
- Your focus will be on the creation of dashboards and reports based on MicroStrategy as well as on the administration and operation of the respective environment.
- Together with our specialist departments and the Product Managers (m/f/d), you will develop goal-oriented BI solutions for use in international self-service based on the technical requirements.
- Based on the central data models in our data warehouse, you will implement KPIs for use in business intelligence.
- You will test new features in MicroStrategy as a team for use in our use cases and develop prototypical applications taking into account the feedback of our users.
- You create (ad-hoc) analyses and evaluations using various data sources and communicate the results precisely and visually appropriately.
- In addition, training and supporting BI users are part of your area of responsibility.
This is what you bring to the table:
- You have a degree in (business) informatics, (business) mathematics, statistics, (technical) business administration, econometrics, operations research or comparable.
- In addition, you have at least three years of professional experience with MicroStrategy (preferably in the field of BI, Big Data Analytical Services or e-commerce).
- You have field-proven knowledge in the creation of goal-oriented dashboards, reports and (ad-hoc) analyses and ideally in the administration and operation of MicroStrategy
- You have a strong analytical and quantitative understanding, a high affinity for data, BI architectures, data warehouse systems and business data modeling, as well as a good knowledge of SQL.
- Fluent English skills round off your profile.
For more information please apply or reach out directly to Steven Waterson
BI Developer/Engineer - Power BI, SQL, DWH
Location - Frankfurt (2 or 3 times a week, hybrid)
Salary - 65,000€ - 80,000€
This is a great opportunity to join a global leader in the logistics and manufacturing industry, founded 100 years ago. With a rich history, they bring innovative products and solutions to customers. The company are looking for strong candidates as they are looking to continue to scale. The best part? They are looking for new staff to join their teams! Could you be the right candidate? Read on to figure that out.
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines for processing large amounts of data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyse and identify their data needs and develop solutions.
- Develop and maintain data integrations with internal and external systems, including CDWH Snowflake on Azure or other cloud platforms, Qlik Replicate and Qlik Compose.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity and support Data Governance.
- Design and implement data storage solutions, such as data warehousing and cloud storage.
- Monitor, analyse and optimise the performance of data pipelines.
What do you need?
- Highly experienced with SQL databases and data storage systems (e.g. CDWH Snowflake)
- Experience with reporting tools, i.e Power BI
- Experience working with cloud environments, such as Microsoft Azure is highly advantageous
- Experience using data integration tools, such as Qlik Replicate and Qlik Compose
- Experience with software and tools such as DevOps, Onestream is desirable
- Ability to design and implement data models, data warehousing solutions and data pipelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now or contact Jorden Chan on Jorden.Chan@xcede.de for other opportunities.