Regulatory Manager (Solar)
Join one of Africa's major providers in Solar PV and Battery Solutions developed for both Commercial and Industrail landscapes. As a Regulatory manager you will be responsible for stakeholder engagement with proven experience in regulatory affairs within the renewable energy industry (ideally in Solar PV projects)
* Bachelor's degree / Diploma from any accredited institution
Your key responsibilites include:
* Engaging proactively with municipalities,relevant government agencies and regulatory bodies to understand and comply with all necessary regulations for commercial and industrial solar PV and BESS projects in South Africa.
* Compiling and submitting applications for project approvals; ensuring all documentation is accurate, complete, and submitted on time.
*Implementing a systematic follow-up process with municipalities to expedite approval processes.
* Establishing and maintainingprofessional relationships with municipal officials, regulatory authorities, and other key stakeholders.
* Conducting regular meetings and consultations to address questions, provide detailed updates and navigate the regulatory landscape effectively.
* Identifying potential regulatory concerns and propose strategies to avoid risk.
* Staying informed about changes in regulations and consider their impact on ongoing and future projects.
* Communicating effectively with internal teams, providing updates on regulatory status, potential challenges, and timelines.