My client, a highly regarded leading international investment bank, are in search of a Senior Java Developer to produce cloud-native reactive solutions for their risk function.
NO prior experience in banking required, but may be beneficial - most of the team didn't come from a banking background!
The team you'll be joining is utilising cutting-edge tech to develop solutions that process high volumes of trade and market data in real-time to meet complex trading and regulatory requirements for Rates, FX, Commodities, and Equities businesses.
You'll using Java to build vast distributed reactive systems based on microservices architecture in kubernetes on AWS with 10s of thousands of cores.
- Participation in a fast-paced Agile development process
- Development of high-quality software, emphasizing simplicity, maintainability, and reuse
- Participation in code and design reviews
- Working proactively on diverse and innovative solutions
- Requirements analysis and capture, working closely with the business and business aligned teams to define solutions.
- Excellent communication with support, other development, and infrastructure teams
- Thorough testing including test automation and performance/load testing.
- Contributing to architectural standards, development best practices, and promoting adherence to these standards
- Contributing to architectural and technical evolution of the parallel computation framework and APIs
- Expert Java knowledge incl. concurrent, parallel, and distributed systems
- Expert level experience with HTTP, RESTful web services and API design
- Messaging technologies (Kafka)
- Experience with Apache Ignite (Highley beneficial)
- Experience with Reactive Streams
- Experience with Kubernetes