Xcede are proud to be working with a leading systems integration & engineering business supplying the power, airport and transport markets with high integrity solutions.
Job Role: Systems Engineer
Salary: €30,000 - 38,000 pa
As a systems engineer your remit will include:
- Working as part of a team who are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of control/integrated digital systems including traffic detection and management, ventilation and pump control, life safety systems, incident management and many more.
- Ability to program a variety of PLCs using Ladder Logic, Function block or Statement List methods.
- Ability to program and configure SCADA software packages and User Interface mimic design.
- Have a high-level of competency in programming languages ranging from C, C++, C#, SQL, VB and VBA.
- Understanding of design and configuration ofIP networks.
- Competent at design and testing of ELV electrical panels.
- Ability to configure CCTV, PA and telephone systems over an IP network.
- Professionalism to perform FAT and site commissioning under formal client witnessed conditions.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with our clients.
- Degree/HND in control, electrical, electronic or software engineering.
- Have 2 years' experience in delivering control/integrated systems using some of the desired skills listed above.
What you will bring to the company:
- You are a highly motivated and flexible person.
- Respect, collaboration, and integrity are important values to you.
- Experience in a similar role within the Industrial Automation environment
- Minimum degree qualification in an engineering or process related subject
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst an effective team player as part of a structured team
- Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
- A positive self-starter with drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standard
- Full UK driving licence
What they offer in return:
- 33 floating holidays to take when you like with your entitlement increasing by an additional 2 days every 5 years.
- Performance related bonus.
- Wellbeing benefit - a monthly instalment made in addition to your salary to contribute towards anything that makes you happy.
- Pension scheme.
- Anniversary celebrations it is important to us that we celebrate the commitment and value people have brought to our business over the years.
- Social events - If there is one thing about PDS, it is that we love to get social, so this is a big part of our culture.
- Hybrid working - If the pandemic taught us anything it's that we don't need to be in the office 5 days a week, every week, helping towards a not only a positive work life balance but a healthier planet.
- Flexible working giving you the ability to finish at 1pm on Fridays.