Citi, the world's leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with innovative ideas, best-inclass products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
This is a senior-level position responsible for establishing and implementing new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- 70% hands in the Java codebase. We build microservices based event sourcing systems on a low latency in-house framework. Response times in the 10 microsecond to 100 microsecond range.
- Lead integration of functions to meet goals, deploy new products, and enhance processes
- Analyze complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards to define and develop solutions to high level problems
- Provide world class expertise in area of Java low latency development.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of supported main system flows and comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas to achieve technology goals
- Consult with end users to identify system function specifications and incorporate into overall system design
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders and communicate with external parties
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Happy to work with and educate and support/mentor Junior developers and less experienced senior Java developers.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) in area(s) of Applications Development
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and development skills
- Passion for coding excellent, commercial grade, mission critical Java frameworks based on event sourcing microservices.
- Complete knowledge of modern Java, the JVM, the Linux Operating system, system calls and Kernel.
- Knowledge of TCP and other IP based network protocol technologies including hardware accelerated kernel bypass e.g. Solarflare OpenOnload
- Performance assessment and targeted tuning.
- Design and architectural elegance.
- Experience in implementing projects
- Great communicator with high EQ.
- Ability to occasionally produce clear diagrammatic documentation and model key aspects in UML sequence diagrams.
- May have a background in C++ before moving to Java.
- Relationship and consensus building skills