Our Product & Supply Chain IT team are looking for a Domain Solution Architect to have oversight across our Product domain. This role will be based out of London.
The Solutions Architect will create the high-level IT solution design, based on business requirements, to meet quality and performance requirements, and any technical constraints. The candidate will be expected to be passionate about technology, with an understanding of public cloud environments, web technologies and preferable experience with user-centric design. Solution Architect is a business facing role working in partnership with the Product Owner to interpret and translate requirements into a solution that is adaptive and can meet the ongoing demands of our business. Their primary focus in this role will be Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), both finish goods and raw material development, 3D Modelling and Photography solutions but, when necessary, will be expected to apply their skills in other areas of the business.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking and continuously evolving organisation with a globally recognised brand, where you will partner with senior stakeholders across the business to shape the direction of Product development solutions and processes.
- Develop an evolving solution architecture for projects across the Core Product domain, addressing business function needs and ensuring alignment with known business function priorities and roadmaps, agreeing design changes and trade-offs where pragmatic.
- Ensure alignment with our roadmaps and enterprise architecture principles, standards and governance process.
- Build consensus for the proposed solution through engagement and communication with stakeholders.
- Where required, establish and direct innovation-led proof of concepts and make recommendations on technology adoption.
- Govern the delivery of the solution to ensure it meets the intended vision.
- Raise and resolve any architectural and project issues/risks and issues throughout the lifecycle of any delivery projects, with relevant business function and IT project team(s).
- Work with the security and information risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles.
- Ensure projects correctly account for solution infrastructure from an operational and supportability perspective and that all non-functional requirements (including SLAs for business continuity, availability and scalability, security) are addressed in the solution.
- Ensure that the solution architecture balances functional, service quality and operational management requirements but remains bound by relevant commercial, business function and technical constraints.
- Share and collaborate on technology solutions with other stakeholders, especially implementation partners to ensure skills are developed in-house and knowledge is retained.
- Communicate portfolio of content and reusable solutions to suppliers and partners, ensuring the most appropriate deployment of their technology and products as possible.
- Support wider IT relationship with technology vendors
- Provide architectural and technical leadership.
- Ability to collaborate with other architects in the creation or architectural artefacts, such as roadmaps, standards, and reference models.
- Ability to collaborate with product managers/business analysts to pragmatically balance architectural principles against business requirements to design sustainable solutions.
- Excellent consulting, communication and business facing skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the business.
- Design end to end solutions that characterise what products or services are being proposed and how these services will be delivered.
- Solution architecture experience delivering solutions using agile delivery methodologies and working with architecture governance processes.
- Experience of working and delivering in a complex and fast-moving environment.
- Outcome and delivery focused.
- Experience with public cloud environments.
- Experience with web technologies and user centric design.
- Experience with PLM engines ideally FlexPLM desirable.
- Experience with Clo3D, 360 Photography solutions desirable.
- Experience working for a Global Fashion/Retail company desirable.