Software Dev Engineer - Backend
Contract - 9 months
This role is working for a global tech giant and they're recruiting for their team who are focused on driver safety technologies. It will be developing new features and functionality for existing services and applications.
* 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Experience with Java and the JDK, performance optimization, and Security.
* Experience with Typescript, AWS Services (Lambda, CloudWatch, API Gateway, DynamoDB)
* Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
* Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Delivering working features spanning the full software lifecycle including working backwards from customers, software design, implementation, testing, and deployment, operations, and documentation.
- Ensuring that when their software fails, the root cause is identified and eliminated with a permanent fix. Ensuring the software they produce can be maintained and extended by those not familiar with the code by writing clear documentation and making good design choices.
- When issues arise, they can participate in an inclusive, constructive dialogue with other team members and members of closely related teams.
- They are a significant contributor to the full software development lifecycle, including scoping, design, code, testing, deployment and maintenance of the project software.
-They demonstrate operational excellence in all of their work.
- They understands a broad range of software implementation approaches, are able to clarify requirements, and are able to review code and provide constructive direction.
- They are able to mitigates immediate risks.
- They know data structures and algorithms and how to apply these to design, implement, scale, and maintain services and applications.
Apply if you're interested!