Are you a dynamic and experienced project developer with a passion for renewable energy? Are you ready to drive forward the transition to a sustainable energy future? Look no further! Our client is a prominent Independent Power Producer (IPP) based in the Western Cape, they are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Developer to play a key role in our mission to harness the power of clean energy. The role reports directly to the Head of Project Development.
Position: Senior Project Developer
Location: Western Cape, Cape Town
Master's degree in engineering, project management or relevant quslification
7 years + experience in renewable energy within similiar role
Skills: Leadership skills to manage junior developers
Strong project management experience
Financial Modelling, REIPPP / Commercial Bidding
Strong communication and relationship building towards e xternal project stake holders
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement wind and solar projects from site control stage through to financial close.
- Lead interactions with local interest groups, land owners, I&AP's during E|A processes.
- Leading the project interface between various stages (finance, legal, technical, permitting, grid connection).
- Assist PPA/offtake teams to bid and secure PPA and assist with related matters.
- Ensure timely acquisition of project rights including permits, consents, land and leases.