Senior Network Engineer
An opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer has become available, this role is a great opportunity for someone to gain experience working in a leading investment manager.
The Role & Responsibilities
The successful senior network engineer will join a team of highly skilled engineers. The role has a balance of BAU and Project work which comprises of day-to-day support and administration of the estate. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with other Infrastructure teams as well as technology stakeholders.
With the management of the estate including Routers, Switches, Firewalls etc there will also be exposure to other DevOps aligned methods of automation, Real Time monitoring and metrics collections using latest Open-Source toolsets; Grafana, Elasticsearch etc'
- Ensuring high availability of the infrastructure and minimising the duration and impact of any outages
- Ensure the rollout of a standards-based estate using relevant configuration management tools
- Ensuring that changes to the network estate across both mission critical, and non-production Servers are carried out consistently and reliably
- Providing network support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
- Maintain network security standards across the estate.
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework and an understanding of how to apply this correctly in an agile, medium sized business
- Flexible working ethos Weekend and Out of hours work
- Flexibility to broaden and develop skills in any area as required
- Palo Alto Networks
- Cisco Networking including ACI
- Citrix Netscalers
- Arista Networks
- Sound routing knowledge
- Previous experience in a Financial Enterprise organisation
- Experience with offsite cloud offerings and installations
- Development and interpretation of systematic performance monitoring and metrics
- Infrastructure as Code and automation
- Experience in Scripting including Python
- Understanding and experience of some of the technologies listed below: Ansible, Terraform, Bitbucket, Python, Check_MK, Grafana, ELK stack. Atlassian, Jira and Confluence platforms.