Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Development, the role will be responsible for designing and implementing according to functional specification executable source code of high quality, maintainability and efficiency in alignment to the development standards.
Responsible to test, fix defects and release Java applications as per the defined architectural and design standard as well as developing data rich applications within a Scrum development framework.
- B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or related degree
- Linux operating environment is an advantage
- Web: HTML, HTML5, XML, CSS is advantageous
- Minimum 3 -5 years' experience on Java 7 and JEE ( Servlets, JSP, EJB, REST and SOAP, JPA/Hibernate), JBOSS, MS SQL Server
- 3 - 5 years' working experience with Build tools ie. Maven & ANT
- 2 years working experience using XML, LDAP, Design Tool i.e. XDE, Servlets, Internet development
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding and knowledge of J2EE application server i.e. JBoss & Tomcat
- In depth knowledge and use of UML
- Worked in a multi-project environment
- Knowledge of and exposure to SDLC / Change Control / Release Management
- Solid understanding of versioning software ie. SVN and GitLab