My client is a Data, Tech and Quant Driven Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund, currently experiencing exponential growth (Top 3 fastest growing Buyside firms). They now seek an expert Senior Software Engineer, reporting to the Head of Data Development, to be intrinsic to the design and build of a greenfield X-Asset Data and Analytics Platform, including frameworks, tools, APIs, and more.
Applicants suited to this role will have an expert understanding of Python, along with 1 other (Rust, Go, C++), and a deep understanding of modern Data Architecture, including the likes of Databricks / S3 / Snowflake.
You will work in partnership with Quant Research & Trading teams firmwide (Equities, Rates, Commodities, FX, OTC, Volatility, and Digital Assets).
Indicative Compensation (upwardly flexible for those with expertise across ALL desired pillars)
- Basic Salary - £135k-£170k
- Bonus - £40k-£100k+ This will be based on technical expertise across all layers of a modern data stack, product knowledge, coding expertise
- Plus Full Benefits
- Plus 2-3 days WFH
Key Skills required
- Minimum 6 years as a Software Developer (inc. APIs) & Data Engineer (inc. Pipelines and Associated frameworks) with Python as your core language
- Polyglot skills, 1 of C++, Rust, Go
- Strong DB skills be it MySQL, PosgreSQL, MongoDB
- Expert understanding of Data lake tech - Snowflake, Databricks, S3
- 2.1 or 1st class Degree or Master's in Computer Science or Data related
- Warehousing: such as Redshift, BigQuery
- Workflow mgmt systems: such as Airflow, Luigi, Kedro
- DevOps and Iac tech such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform
- AWS preferred (GCP, Azure), they use both On-Prem and Vendor.
- Ideally currently working for a elite FinTech / Data Provider, Fund, Prop, or T1 Investment Bank