Up to £80000 per annum + Amazing additional benefits
This incredibly-well funded InsurTech startup has as its mission to make it possible for insurers to settle claims in less than 24 hours. Based on blockchain technology and novel machine learning techniques, it enables insurers to process claims and detect fraudulent claims in record-breaking time.
Until now, one such example has been an image recognition algorithm used to detect vehicle damage in the event of an accident claim. They are now looking for more of an all-round Senior Data Scientist that can work on a variety of responsibilities, notably fraud detection automation and take ownership of the company's data science roadmap.
The Senior Data Scientist Role
Coming in as a Senior Data Scientist, you will have a stellar opportunity to develop your soft skills and technical skills in a hands-on, fast-paced environment.
- Designing and deploying data ingestion pipelines, in batches and in real-time, including information extraction
- Developing, productionising and optimising fraud detection models
- Drawing on advances in data science and machine learning, focus on R&D to innovate product development (NLP, Computer Vision etc.)
- Liaising closely with internal founders to shape data science roadmap and product development
The Successful Senior Data Scientist
If you are a Data Scientist interested in career progression and eventually mentoring a team, this could be a fantastic next step for you in your career within a fast-growing tech startup.
Desired Skills and Background of the Senior Data Scientist:
- Solid Python coding experience
- PhD/MSc in STEM background
- Ideally experience working in a startup environment
- Ideally experience in financial services or with fraud detection models
If successful, you will be offered a highly competitive salary paying between £60,000 and £90,000 based on experience.