As specialist recruiters in Data at Xcede, we are delighted to be working in partnership with our client for the vital appointment of a Senior Data Scientist, for a multinational mining company.
The successful incumbent will coordinate closely with the South African and Rest of Africa teams in maintaining a Project Execution Control Framework to facilitate world class delivery of capital projects and assist the project teams in atomisation and optimalisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively engaging with all relevant stakeholders
- Conduct optimisation exercises
- Actively apply expert knowledge and thought leadership to challenge paradigms and lead project team
- Identify Machine Learning and Research & Development (R&D) initiatives
- Understand business problems and map them to state-of-the-art analytics and AI solutions
- Mentor junior and intermediate Data Scientists
- Work closely with Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Designers to build end-to-end analytics solutions for the business
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar
- More than 3 years of experience in a Data Science or Process Control Engineer position
- Industry experience in Mining and/or Oil & Gas
- Experience in querying databases such as: R, Python, SQL
Please note: This position will require the Senior Data Scientist to travel within Africa on a monthly basis.