DATA ENGINEER / SCALA / PYTHON / JAVA / SPARK / AWS
Rate: From £550-600PD
Contract: 6 Months
Working in a team of data engineers, evolving a Data Platform based on open-source and AWS components.
The platform is end-to-end data solution from ingesting data from internet-of-things sensors and other high-volume sources; validating and storing data; aggregating information, providing a platform to run data-science algorithms; and delivering information back to products; third parties and other systems. Also working on the data lake for business and partnerships with the aim of democratising data within the business.
What you'll be doing
- Writing production quality code including extensive test coverage.
- Designing data systems that will scale to large numbers of users.
- Interfacing with Data Scientists and porting machine learning algorithms to production systems.
- Peer review other engineer's code to ensure quality.
- Deploy services to staging and production environments.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Excellent knowledge of Scala or Python or Java and concurrent programming.
- Quick learner with eagerness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies.
- Basic Mathematical ability to understand linear algebra.
- Willing to learn Data Science algorithms and produce code to implement them at scale.
- Willing to learn and work on the following technologies:
- Familiarity with deployment & container technologies including Jenkins, Docker etc.
- Interest in Real-time and distributed systems.