Software Engineer - Cape Town
Our client is a workplace like no other. They've spent the past five years
disrupting an entire industry and building a user base of millions. At the heart of this success is their culture, where they work hard, relish change and treat each other with respect-helping everyone to reach their potential and deliver results that make a difference.
They're on a mission to positively impact the lives of their users. Their product puts their needs at the centre of their thinking. Through cutting-edge tech, insightful analytics and beautiful design they want to help their users build their financial confidence and make better financial decisions.
They want their people to perform at their best, so they trust everyone to work in a way that suits them-focusing on output, not time spent at a screen. They have an inclusive culture where everyone is encouraged to look after their own wellbeing whilst growing and developing their career.
If you are currently working as a Java Engineer and you are keen to learn and work with Java then this is the perfect place to do so!
About The Role
- You will work with the International team to optimise the product for their South African and Australian markets. Their global microservices architecture is built primarily using a functional stack and libs like Akka, Cats, Monix, fs2 and a bunch more.
- They embrace the 'You build it, you run it' principle, so you'll be working with AWS, Kubernetes and Spinnaker to release your code to production
- They have adopted a Quality Assistance program, so you'll be working alongside QA to build, test, release and monitor your work
- Their delivery teams are cross-functional and you will be collaborating closely with other developers, QA, data analysts and product managers
- They value TDD and detailed peer-reviewing, as it enables them to do frequent yet resilient releases to global markets
- They're always looking for ways to do things better and encourage new joiners to bring their ideas and ways of working to the table
- Holidays - 20 paid holidays and a "duvet day" on your birthday
- Full Medical Aid Cover over and above salary
- Pension Fun contribution over and above salaryFlexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly team events and office days out that they get to choose, and company events at the end of each race and retro
Should this be of interest please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to pop me a WhatsApp. Don't worry if your CV is not up to date, I can help you with that!