£600.00 - £650.00 per day
3 months ago
Rate: £650 per day
Duration: 6 months+
Engage with the users and data modellers to gather requirements and take ownership for the delivery of any development work within the agreed timelines.
Develop software for delivery using the appropriate technology, code standards and testing standards as agreed by the team
Adhere to the company's standards and best practices, including, but not limited to, documentation, testing and peer review
Use technology appropriately and flexibly, taking into consideration the company's strategy and recommendations.
Provide full visibility of work undertaken via backlog of requests.
Be able to support, debug and carry out investigations on the company's data infrastructure
Be able to support and further develop other desktop tools built by the data engineering development team.
Help maintain appropriate integrity and security of the analytical data stores.
Take ownership of the development infrastructure required by the above tools and, whenever possible, adopt the company's standard toolset for source code repository, continuous build and deployment.
Support to the Business
Engage with the business and other members of the Data Engineering team to assist them in understanding and defining the requirements for data and proc
Maintain appropriate integrity and security of the analytical data stores.
Provide third tier support for the data infrastructure when necessary
Provide technical advice to the business units by identifying the most appropriate tools/processes for any given task.
* Experience with messaging and or data streaming technologies such as Kafka, ActiveMQ or public cloud streaming (e.g. AWS SQS).
* Knowledge of data structures design and use.
* Experience of data serialization formats, especially AVRO.
* At least 2 languages that can be used to write web services/etc, Scale is essential
* Some knowledge of Python or related scripting languages
* Knowledge of a NoSQL database solution (preferably Cassandra)
* Experience of designing and developing with Akka
* Kafka ecosystem, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect
* Exposure to public cloud (eg AWS) + PAAS/CAAS (eg kubernetes)
* Knowledge of development tools such as IntelliJ and Git.
* Knowledge of automation tools
* Knowledge of logging technologies, such as ELK stach
* Knowledge of monitoring tools, especially Prometheus
* Experienced in working under pressure
* A very proactive individual able to handle development and support activities simultaneously
* Hands-on approach, flexible with a positive outlook.
* Ability to fully participate in multi-faceted team environment.
* Attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy of information.
* Able to multitask, switch focus and prioritise own tasks under pressure.
* Takes ownership of any issues that come up and facilitates their resolution quickly using own initiative while managing expectations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills