Release Engineer | Johannesburg
We are currently recruiting for a Release Engineer to work on a 12-month contract for a financial institution, based in Johannesburg.
- Building Automated Release Frameworks.
- IT Release Management:
- Ensure tribe release schedule is planned and consolidated into an overall enterprise release schedule.
- Measure and monitor progress of application and infrastructure software releases.
- Communicate all key initiative plans, commitments and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, schedule, and scope changes and/or roadblocks.
- Release Process and Governance:
- Manage all aspects of the end-to-end release process in the tribe.
- Facilitate the major events as well as govern tribe release efforts, processes, execution to streamline and identify opportunities for greater efficiency across the tribe and assist the team in delivering value.
- Configure release methodology processes to meet organisational needs.
- Provide input into the release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
- Production Readiness:
- Determine and verify solution readiness and deployment amongst stakeholders.
- Lead and co-ordinate the go-live activities including the deployment plans and checklists.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Azure DevOps, IPSW (mainframe)
- ServiceNow Release, Change, Incident
- Analytical Skills
- Set-up of automated deployment pipelines on DevOps Tool chain
- A basic understanding of Application and Software Engineering (Front-end, Back-end, Middleware, DataPower, API, Web)
- Drive multiple release planning sessions
- Demonstrated understanding and support of agile delivery model
- Know how to build a CI/CD automated deployment with Release Governance Gates
- Leading SaFE
- ITIL Release & Control
Minimum Experience Required:
- 3 years of experience within a Release Engineer role
Please apply as soon as possible if you feel you meet all the necessary requirements.