Xcede's Data Engineering & Science Team are currently working with one of the UK's most innovative and groundbreaking start-ups who is looking to revolutionize the Insurance space using cutting-edge technology and real-time streaming solutions. Having recently raised 1.2 Million in pre-seed, they're looking at growing out the team by bringing on board a Real-Time Data Engineer to sit underneath one of their three verticals within the business (Platform, Risk & Streaming).
Your role would be to sit within the small but rapidly growing team to work on cutting edge real-time streaming solutions/data pipelines (roughly streaming within milliseconds and pulling batch data every 5 seconds).
To say that every day would be the same as the last would be lying, you'd be coming in and working within a hyper-growth environment (with a flat-structure) and truly challenging your experience with across a multitude of bleeding-edge tools and technologies. The rewards, however, would be unbelievable and I cannot stipulate how incredible the project is.
- Handling the design, development and implementation of real-time streaming solutions.
- Designing, developing and implementing a totally on-cloud data processing solution.
- Working in an in-memory calculation engine designing countless pricing permeations across 60 seconds.
- Strong commercial experience with either Python, Java, Scala, Kotlin, Erlang, Haskell.
- Strong commercial experience developing microservices.
- Strong commercial experience with Kubernetes/Docker.
- Strong commercial experience with one of the following technologies (AWS - Amazon Web Services, GCP - Google Cloud Platform, Azure).
- Good commercial experience with Spark/Flink/Kafka.
- Ideally, exposure with indexing and search engines.
If you are interested in this or other Data Engineering roles, please contact Ross Wiltshire on Ross.Wiltshire@xcede.co.uk - +44 (0)2033019903. Unfortunately, this role doesn't offer sponsorship.