Xcede Group are delighted to be working exclusively with a London HQ's FTSE 250 IT Consultancy with a fantastic new opportunity for a highly experienced Portfolio / Programme Manager .
The senior role is focussing on high value, complex projects across multiple countries and time zones for the Group.
- Someone who can solve problems creatively to get the job done.
- Manage a team of project managers to deliver a portfolio of complex, multi-threaded, multi-site, high value projects.
- You will be involved in project take on activity including initial costing.
- You may also provide support and leadership in driving change and improvements within the department.
- The successful individual will be aligned to specific portfolio (Security, Infrastructure or Applications).
- We will empower you to find and deliver the solutions that put our customer needs first, and you will be given the support and space to make the big decisions and to get things done.
- Actively involved in project take on, working with the technology office team to align priorities, manage resource capacity/availability and forecast the project pipeline. Also working with the 'GIS resource managers' to align new project take on.
- Responsible for estimating and pricing of the project elements of bids to effectively scope the project requirements.
- Run Project Definition Workshops to define requirements and accurately scope project outcomes.
- Shape the teams on complex, multi-threaded, multi-site, high value projects to deliver outcomes in line with project definition.
- Coordinate and plan resource requirements to ensure project outcome deadlines are adhered to.
- Deliver customer satisfaction on projects and delivered to planned costs through astute commercial management.
- Deliver a complex series of projects, effectively managing their interdependencies, and securing resources to support prioritised opportunities.
- Develop, build, and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally to achieve project objectives.
- Responsible for stakeholder management reports through relevant tools to provide up to date information on project progress.
- Responsible for the required project documentation to enable successful project outcomes.
- Responsible for ensuring projects consistently adhere to internal the governance framework.
- Act in accordance with the company's GIA Security Policies ensuring that project outcomes achieve a world class level of security.
- Line manage a team of Project and Senior Project Managers.
- Lead, coach, and mentor less experienced team members to aid their development and increase capability.
- Responsible for recruiting future permanent and contract project managers
- An experienced portfolio manager with a strong track record in portfolio delivery, assurance, governance and methodology.
- You will have a track record of actively contributing to, and being accountable for, engagement outcomes and delivering operational excellence from the portfolio's delivered.
- Experienced in line management of a team of project managers, setting objectives, setting variable pay objectives, driving workloads and ensuring the quality of the project delivery.
- Responsible for maximizing resource allocation based on resource availability and prioritised projects.
- You will be used to managing virtual teams across multiple locations and will come from a background where the focus will have been on technology-oriented projects, across either Applications, Security or Infrastructure type IT projects.
- The successful individual will have significant experience in managing these types of engagement, and will be highly proficient in project definition, cost control, change management, risk and issue management, and managing the scope of projects in both fixed-price and time and materials environments.
- You will have experience of operating in a delivery, leadership, governance, and assurance capacity.
- A track record of managing a portfolio of costs, reporting on the costs into senior management.
- Experience of conflict management and issue resolution is also required.
- You will also have experience of leading project initiations, production of Statements of Work and responsibility of quality control of PID/SOW from your team.
- A good influencer with the ability to both formally and informally communicate with and manage expectations of internal and external stakeholders at all levels. This will include a track record of leading negotiations and facilitating workshops and controlling governance and progress meetings.
- You should have a track record of contributing to the long-term development and improvement of the organisation in which you have worked, including the effective development of team members.
- A track record of successful recruitment.
- Your experience should be backed up with evidence of working in a structured manner and complying with defined standards and processes using a range of approaches including waterfall and Agile.
- You will have
- Prince2 Practitioner qualification
- ISEB or APM qualified and
- preferably, a Prince2Agile or Scrum qualification,
- and MSP and CITI qualified.
PLEASE NOTE - This role is offerd on a Hybriod basis (2 Days Office, 3 days from home)