Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a Product Trainer with a strong background in training, mentoring and coaching people who are working with complex software solutions in the process industry.
This is an ideal role for someone with a background in IT and/or Process Automation, who is looking for a role as an application expert, or a training professional with a background of delivering courses in IT and Process Automation.
As a product trainer you will be:
* Responsible for all aspects of product training and education for our clients Plant Information Management Solutions portfolio, both the clients customers and employees worldwide.
* Defining the training strategy to creating new courses, strengthening existing coursecontent, leading training classes and providing a channel for ongoing development and education on a more immediate and interactive basis.
* Developing training curricula and schedules, researching new training technologies and methods as well as being involved in the product development cycle.
* Creating and maintaining user manuals and other materials such as FAQs and knowledge base articles.
* Organizing and presenting online training sessions using a virtual cloud-based classroom environment to facilitate attendees gaining or improving their skills and knowledge of Yokogawa's Plant Information Management Solutions portfolio.
* Visiting customer sites for face-to-face training when a more direct and personal interaction is deemed to be beneficial to course attendees. The role may involve international travel to offices and customer locations across the world.
* Monitoring support calls and the company forum to identify just-in-time, bite-sized training and educational opportunities.
An innovator; continuously learning about market drivers and applying creativity to develop new training materials and methods. Your enthusiasm and drive will see your ideas turned into structured training delivery that contribute to customer's and our clients objectives and success.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Evaluate customer training requirements
* Deliver training courses
* Define training strategies
* Create new training courses
* Strengthen existing training courses
* Publish and maintain training materials and virtualized software environments
* Monitor support calls and the company forum to identify educational opportunities
* Keep up to date with market requirements and training methods
* Work with Yokogawa's global offices to promote training and continuous learning
* Contribute knowledge and communication skills during the sales cycle
What is the offer:
* Freedom to carry out your role with autonomy.
* Exciting challenges within a mature organization that demands a high degree of individual responsibility and promotes initiatives.
* A healthy work-life balance, based at our office in Cowes on the Isle of Wight with ahybrid working model,with consideration for remote working and flexible working hours.
* A fun working atmosphere with various opportunities to work with awesome colleagues all over the world.
* Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.5 hours, Friday 7 hours.Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs.
* Contract Type: Permanent.
* A competitive salary, depending on experience, and interesting extra benefits,including Pension with company contribution of 5% and associated Death in Service cover, bonus scheme, healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays withincrements based on length of service.
* Innovative and advanced high-technology products and services.
* Excellent career opportunities within an international environment.
What you will bring:
* Background of delivering courses in IT and Process Automation
* Background in IT and/or Process Automation
* Bachelor level Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
* Experience in interfacing with prospective trainees to determine training needs
* Background in Microsoft technologies general concepts, setup and configuration
* Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personality types and to work with minimum supervision
* Self-motivated with initiative and drive to be successful and achieve targets
* Problem solving, analysing, attention to detail, establishing priorities, organizing time and making evaluative judgments
* Availability for international travel
* Enthusiasm, be customer focused, thrive on problem solving, have the desire for continuous quality improvement and be a team player
Desirable but not essential:
* Certification of Training Competence (for example CPLP)
* Hands-on experience with Plant Information Management System applications
(Production reporting, Process to Business data integration, process trending and
* Delivering demos in customer meetings and in marketing events
* Cyber security general concepts
* Alarm Management and Safety Management general concept