My client is a world leading tier one investment bank that is transforming the way developers code and build software across the bank. The function this role sits within is a best of the best engineering and architectural practice that sits above the developer community within the bank to help drive standards, best practice and engineering excellence. At its heart, this function is about making it easy for developers to do what they do best … build game changing software for the bank and make their job enjoyable and not endlessly wrapped up in red tape around delivery.
The role itself is an active, hands-on role for a Technical Project or Product Manager whose enthusiasm for technology is infectious. You will help set up and govern the activities of the bank's Open-Source Program Office.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Work with the diverse stakeholders and experts from legal, risk and control, HR, InfoSec to implement a technical governance procedure which enables developers to work safely in the Open-Source world.
- Make it is as easy as possible for developers to safely contribute to Open-Source projects.
- Help design solutions which implement control checks, working practices and technology solutions to automate the governance of Open-Source contributions,
- Manage the governance process using the solutions you have helped implement, producing qualitative reporting which identifies control breaks and demonstrates compliance with the governance requirements.
- Help to drive a cultural shift towards both Inner and Open Source across the huge and strong technology organisation.
This is a hugely exciting and all-encompassing role that will grow over time as open source becomes more widely use across the bank. The job spec you will find is deliberately vague, so it allows the successful candidate to own this who space for the bank and develop the role how they see fit. You can be assured that what the role looks like on day one will be vastly different to what it looks like after year one! For a full spec or a more detailed chat, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben on 020 7422 6856