I am working with an AI Research start-up making sure future AI systems remain controllable while still being able to produce good, real world outcomes. Focussing on 'boundedness' and safety, backed by investors including GitHub's former CEO, former ML director at Apple and Tesla's former head of AI, the team are now looking for 3 experienced software engineers to contribute to one of the core product lines, which build tooling on top of large language models (LLM) to supercharge users and enable researchers to solve previously impossible problems.
This is an opportunity to join a company at the start of its journey, getting stuck in to the ethics of the worlds most exciting and potentially threatening technology.
Salary: £100k-£150k + equity
WFH: 1 day per week, 4 in office
As a Product Engineer, you will build ML APIs alongside ML engineers, easy to use front-end interfaces whilst also talking to customers to understand their pain points and building solutions to these.
List of responsibilities may include:
- Generating new product/tool ideas to build on top of modern AI models.
- Building internal tooling for model inference, visualisation and infrastructure.
- Owning problems end to end, from the early exploration of the problem through to product release, understanding that often doesn't involve writing code.
Experience with the following would be a bonus:
- Strong Python experience
- Designing beautiful websites and UI that makes using our products natural and seamless.
- Understanding of PyTorch for ML and Kubernetes.
- Implementing new models or optimisation techniques from research papers.
- An interest in AI with previous experience with ML.
- Developing products in a technology start-up.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and have the required experience, please apply with your updated resume, or email firstname.lastname@example.org