Principal Data Analyst
Are you a data enthusiast with strong SQL and Python skills? Do you have a passion for product analytics and data engineering? Do you enjoy leading projects and managing stakeholders? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Principal Data Analyst to join our innovative company in London. You will be responsible for providing data-driven insights and solutions to support our product development and growth1. You will work with various data sources and platforms, such as web analytics, customer feedback, user research, and business intelligence tools2. You will also design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and workflows to ensure data quality and availability3.
As a Principal Data Analyst, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and marketers to define business problems, hypotheses, and success metrics
- Conduct exploratory data analysis, statistical modelling, A/B testing, and machine learning to generate actionable insights and recommendations
- Communicate complex data findings and solutions in a clear and compelling way to various audiences, using data visualisation, dashboards, reports, and presentations
- Lead data governance initiatives to ensure data standards, policies, and best practices are followed across the organisation
- Mentor and coach junior data analysts and engineers on data analysis and engineering techniques and tools
- Stay updated on the latest trends and developments in data analytics and engineering
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in data analysis, product analytics, data engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in SQL and Python, and familiarity with other programming languages such as R or Scala
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow or Luigi
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with leading projects and managing stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical language
- A curious and analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
This is a full-time permanent position based in London. You will have the flexibility to work remotely for 2 days a week. We offer a competitive salary of £120k + bonus + stock. We do not provide sponsorship for this role.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!