This role is Contract for 9 months
The role is for an experienced Platform (Unix) administrator who will join a team supporting a major financial services customer, The role is based in London.
They are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. They are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless. They ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. They believe as our company grows, so should you. They believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
- Work in a variety of settings, individually or as part of small multi-discipline groups either within the team or in a project setting
- Provide technical break\fix support including as part of a 24/5 out of hours on call rota
- Provide high quality project delivery, including build, documentation and knowledge sharing
- Mentors junior staff by providing training to develop technical skills and capabilities across the team
- Delivery of assigned tasks within specified timelines, to an agreed quality standard.
- To understand and adhere to the company IT methodology SDLC. This includes proactively raising timely exceptions/risks/issues, driving a culture of continuous improvement to raise the quality of deliverables.
- To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly administration tasks
- Expert knowledge of Unix administration including Oracle Linux, Redhat, Ubuntu and Solaris
- Expert knowledge of Platforms including Oracle Private Cloud Appliances, Exadata Racks, HP Proliants, Oracle Sparc
- knowledge of Oracle replication (Golden Gate/DataGuard/RAC/EBS) beneficial
- knowledge of Oracle middleware and database beneficial
- knowledge of backup/recovery using NetBackup beneficial
- Knowledge of ITIL v3, ISO 20000 and ISO27000
- Java Development Skills (Core Java, Spring boot, REST, Micro services) - bonus
- Agile CI/CD toolsets like JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Jenkins, etc - bonus
- Application servers (Weblogic, Tomcat etc) - bonus