Outside IR35 - 6 months initial contract + extensions
Platform Engineer Outside IR35 6 months contract
Want to move fast, stay agile and build industry-shaking products? We Process up to Three million transactions per day - There's volume, depth and complexity of our data which ultimately creates something that is exciting as it is challenging. Our data team enables everyone across the business to build better products and take better decisions for our partners and customers. As we thrive in creating and sustaining a data-driven culture, you'll get the space to play, problem solve, analyse educate the industry on all things data.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer with a background as a Data Software Egnineer, who strives to automate tooling across the business as we're moving away from manually completing Devops tasks. That's why you'll be joining the team responsible for the building, optimisation, and continuous improvement of our Data Platform, enabling millions of people partners to transact billions of pounds as they grow their businesses.
Built on the Data Mesh concept, our DP runs on a multi-cloud environment (AWS/GCP) Mixing in in-house/open-source products running in Kubernetes and utilising cloud native technologies.
Produce Data Products by following DDDD principles - Domain Driven Data Design. The DP is built on event-driven architecture that processes thousands of files and millions of events, building Data Products every day by leveraging in-house tools. We're big fans of the CNCF landscape.
What you'll do…
* Work alongisde with technical and non-technical stakeholders to define and implement new Data features within the Data Platform
* Write data services in Python or Go
* Design, own and implement Data Infrastructure by using IAC
* Implement and manage Confluent Cloud services - Kafka
* Own the life cycle of GKE deployments with ArgoCd and/or Helm Charts
* You will be someone that
Tech stack and Skills required
* Confluent Cloud/Kafka
* ArgoCD and/or Helm Charts
* Proficiency in at least one of the following: Golang, Java, Python
* Certifications in the above technology preferred but not mandatory.
Due to the high level of applications, we will only respond to those who meet the requirements above.