Network Engineer - Projects
As a Network Engineer within the IT Infrastructure team your primary responsibility will be to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of our network systems. You will have strong technical knowledge and skills in areas such as routing, switching, firewall management, VPN technologies, network protocols, and network troubleshooting.
In addition to day-to-day NetOps, there will also be projects you will be involved in, some of these include: Design and Implementation, Equipment Procurement and Config, Network Performance Optimization, and safeguarding network security and compliance within industry guidelines/standards.
* Manage the day-to-day running of the networks, conducting health checks, issue identification, risks, and opportunities, thus providing recommendations for continual improvement.
* Liaise with third-party vendors and internal staff to provide support on network-related projects, coordinating efforts and managing dependencies.
* Configure network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN tunnels to maintain optimal performance and security.
* Utilize network monitoring tools to proactively identify and address network problems and vulnerabilities.
* Produce design documentation, maintenance plans, and support documentation for network solutions, and provide training for the handover to IT operations teams.
* Provide support and perform maintenance tasks outside regular working hours if required.
* Patch ethernet/Fibre Lines and handle network equipment during the installation - You may be required to do some physical work.
* Previous experience in a dedicated network engineering role, including expertise in network infrastructure maintenance, design, programming, implementation, migration, and replacement
* Troubleshooting LAN/WAN infrastructure, working with platforms such as HP, Fortinet, and Cisco
* Network and system monitoring and alerting solutions
* Network security threats, best practices, and equipment implementation, including firewalls, access control, and security protocols
* Advanced understanding of enterprise campus networks, firewall platforms, WAN technologies, network management, monitoring, and packet capture techniques
* Strong investigation and analysis skills for IT logs and event sources
* Network infrastructure rollouts and firmware upgrades
* Excellent knowledge of network technologies such as OSPF, MPLS, VXLAN, IPSEC, VLAN, STP, VTP, VRRP, WAN, DHCP, switching, and SD-WAN. Competency in administering firewalls, and familiarity with wireless protocols and corporate wireless network management
* Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA Network+, or equivalent real-world experience.
* Knowledge and hands-on experience with HPE/Cisco networking products, Fortinet/Meru/Aruba wireless products, and Palo Alto security products
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Technologies and VMWare/Hyper-V virtualization
* Familiarity with Network Automation Tools
* Prince2 Foundation or other equivalent project management certification
Note: There is a standard 3 WFH/2 Office days - however, please expect that there will be situations where you will need to be in the office more than the standard 2 days.
25 days + Bank holidays
Profit share scheme
Long Service Award
Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
Private Medical Insurance
On-Site Gym & Classes
Bike to Work
Employee Assistance Program
Staff Discount Travelcard
Free on-site parking and Direct Access Pass for local transport service
Network Engineer - Projects