We have a current opportunity for a Machine Learning Engineer on a contract basis.
In this role, you will join our Pricing projects, working with product teams, data science and engineering. Responsibilities will include:
* Participating in group discussions on system design and architecture.
* Working with product teams to communicate and translate needs into technical requirements.
* Working with Data Scientists, Engineers and Product teams across the software lifecycle.
* Delivering high quality code and solutions, bringing solutions into production.
* Performing code reviews to optimise technical performance of data science solutions.
* Supporting production systems, resolving incidents, and performing root cause analysis.
* Continually look for how we can evolve and improve our technology, processes and practices.
* Sharing knowledge with the wider engineering community.
* Mentoring and developing others around you, leading a team of engineers.
* Applying SDLC practices to create and release robust software.
Ideal Candidate Profile
You come from either an Engineering or Data Science background, bringing strong knowledge of the Data Science Toolkit (Programming, Machine Learning, MLOps etc) and bringing data science solutions into production. You therefore tick the majority of the following points:
* A higher degree in engineering, computer science, maths or science.
* Customer focus with the right balance between outcome delivery and technical excellence.
* The ability to apply technical skills and know-how to solving real world business problems.
* Demonstratable experience of building scalable and resilient systems.
* Commercial experience contributing to the success of high impact Data Science projects within complex organisations.
* Awareness of emerging MLOps practices and tooling would be an advantage e.g. feature stores and model lifecycle management.
* An analytical mind set and the ability to tackle specific business problems.
* Experience with different programming languages and a good grasp of at least one language. The ideal candidate is fluent in Python.
* Use of version control (Git) and related software lifecycle tooling.
* Experience with tooling for monitoring, logging and alerting e.g. Splunk or Grafana.
* Understanding of common data structures and algorithms.
* Experience working with open-source Data-Science environments.
* Knowledge of open source big-data technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive.
* Experience building solutions that run in the cloud, ideally Azure.
* Experience with software development methodologies including Scrum & Kanban.
* A background or strong understanding of the retail sector, logistics and/or ecommerce would be advantageous but is not required.