City of London, London
£700 - £750 per day
Lead Technical Architect required to provide technical leadership to product teams across an established and growing service line.
This individual will be providing technology strategy and guidance to agile product teams and ensuring architecture and development are conducted in line with the required standards.
Essential skills & experience:
- Have experience leading technical teams and delivering user-focused services in a large organisation.
- Demonstrate strong software development and application architecture experience using open source technologies.
- Have experience of Ruby on Rails.
- Be able to adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Demonstrate experience scaling online services.
- Demonstrate awareness of emerging security issues.
- Be able to read and understand solution design documentation.
- Have experience of prioritising work in a fast, user-centric environment.
- Understand agile environments, continual delivery techniques and devops cultures.
- Be able to influence senior management and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be capable of producing strategy for technology that meets user and business needs (able to create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements)
Nice to have:
- Have the ability to influence how digital services are delivered
- Have an awareness to budget in an on-demand environment and an understanding of legal implications.
- Have experience of cloud technologies, infrastructure-as-code, enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools.
- Have experience designing and implementing secure systems.
- Have experience mentoring technical staff and managing stakeholders
- Have experience working in a dynamic organisation with rapidly expanding users and changing requirements.