Data Engineering Technical Lead
Xcede are working with one of the UK's leading insurance orgranisations in their efforts to hire a new Data Engineering Technical Lead. This role is weighted towards being the principal technical contributor in the team, but you'll also help to manage and mentor a team of circa 5 other Data Engineers, so experience in this regard is equally important.
The company have a very mature Data team made of up numerous Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers and DataOps professional. Due to the significant growth of the group and the demand on their Head of Data, there is now a clear need for a Data Engineering Lead.
- Act as a Senior member of the company's entire Data unit, suggesting improves and working with other stakeholders to ensure that Data sits at the core of the company's offering.
- Act as the most Senior member of the Data Engineering team, leading from the front through hands on work.
- Managing / mentoring an established team through actions as well as words.
- Own the Data Platform (Databricks experience a big bonus, as is Kafka)
- Continue to empower the group's self-serve analytical approach using DBT and Tableau.
- Extensive commercial software engineering experience relating to Data Platforms.
- Strong data modelling knowledge
- Extensive Python experience
- Extensive SQL experience
- Databricks experience
- Ideally AWS experience, but any cloud stack welcome
- dbt experience is a big bonus
- Spark / Kafka experience is a big bonus
- This client encourages flexible working - office visits are welcomed 1-2 times a week. If you're further away in the UK from their HQ, it'll only be a few times a month.
- Sponsorship is not available.
If this role interests you and you would like to find out more, please contact us via niall.wharton@Xcede.com (feel free to include a CV for review).
We're consistently working on a large number of Data requirements that are not always advertised here, so even if this role isn't the one for you, please do get in touch!