Our client is a well-established and highly respected company in the life science sector is strengthening its team with the addition of a talented & experienced Key Account Manager.
This opportunity will suit an ambitious team player with a background in engineering and at least five years' experience in selling solutions in the life sciences sector
A background working with or selling automation, process control systems, validation services or vision inspection systems is desirable though knowledge of other technologies such as management information, data visualisation systems and Industry 4.0 would be beneficial.
The role holder will be required to understand each customer's business, processes and staff. They will need to uncover their critical needs and use their skills to understand how we can deliver customer success. They will need to:-
- Be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the business from engineer to C suite.
- They need to be experienced in managing Key Accounts, and planning for the development of those accounts. This could include bringing on an account to be a Key Account
- Deliver weekly status update reports and monthly sales meeting reports, including forecast reports.
- Key Account Management capabilities
- A proven track record in sales, ideally in solution selling
- Knowledge of the life sciences (pharmaceutical and medical device) industry is mandatory
- Knowledge of CRM systems would be beneficial though training will be given.
- Knowledge of consultative selling would b advantageous
- Engineering background would be of advantage
Candidates must have the ability to develop and maintain long term relationships with key industrial clients. The Key Account Manager will work with our clients' Proposals and Engineering Teams and customers to ensure that compelling quotations are provided for engineering solutions which offer value to our customers and profitable work for our client.
You will be working with high calibre, demanding life sciences industry customers, i.e. pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medical device industries.
In addition to the requirements detailed in this advertisement, you must be able to satisfy all legal requirements to live and work in the UK and must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Company pension
- Health insurance
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours with an early Friday finish
- Professional development support
- Professional institution membership
- Company car allowance