Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a highly driven Junior Software Developer with a track record of software development in C# or C++.
As a member of the software development team, you will work on new and existing projects in the design and implementation of software products and solutions. You will have a Bachelor level degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar with exposure of work experience in a software development environment as a software developer in C# or C++.
What will this role of Software Developer entail?
Reporting to the Software Development Manager you will work with agile and waterfall methodologies developing Microsoft Windows based information systems and applications. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of complex software components with adherence to quality processes that lead to the delivery of high-quality software applications and solutions that satisfy customer requirements. You will have a background and understanding of the software development cycle with experience in design, implementation and test.
Key responsibilities and duties;
- Production and review of requirements, functional and design specifications, for the development of complex software solutions deployed in mission critical environments.
- Development and modification of software components adhering to quality standards in line with requirement, functional and design specifications.
- Review software components for compliance to quality standards.
- Production and review of test specifications to carry out white box testing in line with the appropriate quality metrics.
- Planning, design and development of automated unit tests to improve efficiency and test recurrence.
- Creation and testing of software release media to include the relevant installation packages and documentation (user, installation and release).
- Diagnosis and assistance to other departments/teams for software issues including usability, configuration and coding related problems.
- Optimise the use of technology in the development of software solutions.
What will I need to be considered for this Software Developer vacancy?
- Bachelor level degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar with exposure in a software development environment as a software developer.
- Experience of working within a structured quality system with knowledge of structured software development methods and processes.
- Proven experience in the development of complex software components in C# or C++.
- Experience of standard Microsoft office applications.
Desirable but not essential:
Experience of software development in the Microsoft IDE, DevOps and TFS.
Experience of development in the Microsoft Stack including .NET.
Experience in the latest C++ 2017 standards (not applicable for C#).
Experience of SQL databases (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle).
Experience of JSON, OData.
Experience of cloud technologies
Candidates will have enthusiasm, good communication skills (both verbal and written), be customer focused, thrive on problem solving, have the desire for continuous quality improvement and be a team player.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience.
Attractive benefits: Pension with company contribution of 5%, bonus scheme, healthcaree scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with increments based on length of service.
Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.5 hours, Friday 7 hours. Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs.
Contract Type: Permanent.
Location: The role will be trialed on a hybrid basis, meaning you will be expected to work a mixture from home and in the office during your employment. You will be informed when you can work from home and when you are needed in the office. You should therefore live within commutable distance to our client's office in Cowes.
Conditions: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Our client does not provide sponsership to visa, including applicants on Graduate visa's