Xcede are proud to be working with a leading systems integration & engineering business supplying the power, airport and transport markets with high integrity solutions.
Job Role: Junior Project Manager
Salary: €35,000 - 44,000 pa
As a Junior project Manager your remit will include:
- Project delivery of small projects with full responsibility of budgets, timescales and meeting the requirements to agreed targets.
- Preparing project programmes and management of project delivery timescales for engineering labour and materials.
- Maintaining a risk register and managing the identification and mitigation of risks, issues and opportunities.
- Financial reporting including cost monitoring and spend forecasting of labour and materials.
- Attending and facilitating project meetings both internal and with clients.
- Liaising with engineers, project managers, clients and stakeholders.
- Management of internal project engineers and supply chain.
- Preparing monthly progress reports
- Contract management for changes to requirements, cost, timescales and unforeseen events. Generally using NEC contract processes.
- Preparing quotes for contract variations.
- Managing client payment applications and certifying supply chain invoices.
- For larger projects you will support the project manager in the successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g. programme, budget and quality. Whilst also supervising small work packages which are part of the overall larger project
What you will bring to the company:
- You are a highly motivated and flexible person.
- Respect, collaboration, and integrity are important values to you.
- Experience in a similar role within the Industrial Automation environment
- Minimum degree qualification in an engineering or process related subject
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst an effective team player as part of a structured team
- Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
- A positive self-starter with drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standards
- Full UK driving licence
What they promise to offer:
- 33 floating holidays to take when you like with your entitlement increasing by an additional 2 days every 5 years.
- Performance related bonus.
- Wellbeing benefit - a monthly instalment made in addition to your salary to contribute towards anything that makes you happy.
- Pension scheme.
- Anniversary celebrations it is important to us that we celebrate the commitment and value people have brought to our business over the years.
- Social events - If there is one thing about PDS, it is that we love to get social, so this is a big part of our culture.
- Hybrid working - If the pandemic taught us anything it's that we don't need to be in the office 5 days a week, every week, helping towards a not only a positive work life balance but a healthier planet.
- Flexible working giving you the ability to finish at 1pm on Fridays.
This is a permanent position, based at Derby.