City of London, London
£500 - £600 per day
This role is outside of IR35.
As a Back End Java Developer you will be using open source and cloud technologies to create a service-led solution with an integration layer to a legacy technology stack and will be working in an Agile environment using Scrum.
You will be working within a cross functional team, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, UI/UX Designers, , Front End and Full Stack Developers.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience with Linux, Docker, Cloud platforms
- Extensive experience using Java 8-11, Maven, Gradle, Spring/Spring Boot
- Have considerable experience in testing systems
- Experience with Junit, Mockito
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL
- Knowledge and experience using Git.
- Practices Agile principles
- Have experience in Messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- JIRA and Confluence experience
- Knowledge of web services/REST, microservices
- Teaching, knowledge transfer and pair-programming