Xcede are proud to be working with a leading systems integration & engineering business supplying the power, airport and transport markets with high integrity solutions.
Job Role: Installation and commissioning technician
Salary: €18,500 pa plus overtime and premium hours
As a Installation and Commissioning Technician your remit will include:
- Panel assembly: building electrical and IT panels
- Helping the project team to perform initial testing of system functionality in a test environment in the office. Including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- Setting up system equipment with configuration settings.
- Factory acceptance testing: Helping the project team to formally test system functionality in a test environment in the office. Including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- System installation on site: IT and cabinet equipment installation on site. Electrical power wiring. Termination of signal wiring within the system equipment.
- System commissioning: Helping the project team to perform initial system testing on site including control and monitoring of plant equipment and field devices.
- Site acceptance testing: Helping the project team to perform formal system testing on site including control and monitoring of plant equipment and field devices.
- Fault finding & rectification: Performing fault finding of electrical and system problems including any rectification work as necessary.
- Equipment inspections: Inspection of system equipment either in the office or on site. Electrical installation certification of system equipment in the office.
- PAT Testing of office IT equipment.
- CAD: Production and modifications of CAD drawings
What you will bring to the company:
- You are a highly motivated and flexible person.
- Respect, collaboration, and integrity are important values to you
- Experience in a similar role within the Industrial Automation environment
- Minimum degree qualification in an engineering or process related subject
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst an effective team player as part of a structured team
- Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
- A positive self-starter with drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standard
- Full UK driving licence
What they promise to offer:
- 33 floating holidays to take when you like with your entitlement increasing by an additional 2 days every 5 years.
- Performance related bonus.
- Wellbeing benefit - a monthly instalment made in addition to your salary to contribute towards anything that makes you happy.
- Pension scheme.
- Anniversary celebrations it is important to us that we celebrate the commitment and value people have brought to our business over the years.
- Social events - If there is one thing about PDS, it is that we love to get social, so this is a big part of our culture.
- Hybrid working - If the pandemic taught us anything it's that we don't need to be in the office 5 days a week, every week, helping towards a not only a positive work life balance but a healthier planet.
- Flexible working giving you the ability to finish at 1pm on Fridays.
This is a field-based role covering the UK and (occasionally Europe) .