- M/F Software upgrades: planning, installation, configuration and deployment - including a mix of z/OS, CICS TS, DB2, WMQ, z/VM, and ISV software.
- M/F Software problem determination and resolution (in liaison with software vendors).
- M/F Hardware (processors, DASD, etc.) upgrades: planning, associated software maintenance, configuration, and deployment
- M/F Hardware and IO configuration.
- M/F software evaluation.
- M/F network configuration: SNA and TCP/IP.
- Disaster Recovery - Also participated in system recovery on a numerous DR Tests using SUNGARD. After the move to IBM zCloud, planned and conducted recovery of .
- Automation - developed F/E z/OS systems automation, provided consultancy on B/E z/OS system automation.
- Comprehensive documentation related to the including an inventory of M/F software.
- Support for all outage slots; since - Operators in 2017 this has included doing all M/F system shutdown and restart
You should be comfortable offering Technical advice across a range of projects
- PCI compliance (helped develop application to encrypt/decrypt card data and associated audit trail)
- M/F Storage Management
- CICS TS
- MQ for z/OS
- z/OS and CICS Performance analysis and system tuning
- M/F Security (RACF, crypto, etc.)
- SUPRA-DB2 project
- zLinux guest build
- zLinux 'native' system build
- Teradata upgrades
- SSL/TLS and AT-TLS connectivity
You do not need to have all of the above requirements but a generally strong understanding of the environment will be sufficient.
Please feel free to apply if you have a collection of the above requirements, you must be UK based and do not require a work Visa.