My client is an exciting early stages fintech start-up that in the first year of its inception. Headed up by some instrumental and hugely significant players in the primary bond issuance market, my client is building an exciting product that will disrupt this area of the bond trading market, that has largely been driven the same way for the last 50 years. They are looking for a foundational technology leader to be their first technology hire as part of their senior team to help expand their platform vision, build out our internal development capability, and support our founders with evangelising this vision to the international debt capital markets. You will be their technology guru, who drives the evolution of this platform as the business starts to trade. The business is well funded and in an interesting niche that has not been explored to much depth, especially within EMEA.
Scope of Role
* To lead and manage a team of full stack software developers, supporting them in building an industry leading, primary debt capital markets (DCM) platform. NOTE this is a hands on role with development a key competent.
* To develop a strategy for the team to meet the company's goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally. To plan and monitor the successful implementation of this strategy.
* Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy - and that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
* Creating and maintaining an outcome orientated and fun culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
* To represent my client within the industry as an authority on DCM platforms, by contributing to internal and external websites, publications, forums, and events as required.
Key skills and experience
* A senior level full stack software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience
* Experience of leading a team of developers
* Strong .NET microservices, Azure, Mongo DB
* Experience with Angular
* Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies
* Good working knowledge of financial services and finance services technology platforms
* Experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives
* Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication
* Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
* Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
* Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level
* Strong Leadership, professional attitude - and leading by example
* Sociable team player
* Bright, highly self-motivated and driven
* Passionate about technology and software development, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new and emerging technologies
* Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
* Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
* Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
* Credible, confident, and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
* Reliable, flexible, and cooperative
* Diplomatic and tactful
* Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence