Head of Data Science
£120,000 - £125,000 + Benefits
Leeds with hybrid working (1 day a week in the office)
Xcede are excited to be partnering with a major Logistics company who are building out their Data Science function. They are looking for a Head of Data Science to build out and lead a team.
You will be responsible for leading the Data Science/Analytics teams and outlining ML techniques to be used across the division to enhance tactical decision making. The ideal candidate will have experience building and leading a Data Science team and utilising ML/DS techniques to derive business value.
Key skills/experience required:
- BSc/MSc in a STEM subject
- 8 years+ experience in Data Science/Machine Learning/Modelling
- Strong management skills and able to demonstrate experience in managing Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- Extensive python experience
- Experience working on ML models end-to-end
- Experience in end-to-end data transformation resulting in business value
- Good understanding of visualisation tools e.g. Tableau
- Natural problem solver
- Excellent communication skills and able to present to senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of modern data stack e.g. Data architectures, cloud infrastructure, Kafka, Airflow, DBT etc.
- Logistics domain knowledge is a nice to have but not essential
For more information, please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Data Scientist, Head of, Data Science, Machine Learning, Python, Computer Science, Statistics, Data pipelines, SQL, Forecasting, Pricing, Regression, Clustering, XGBoost, Random Forest, Decision Trees, Predictive modelling, Logistics, Deployment, ML Ops, Containerisation, Kafka, Airflow, DBT