West London, London
£500 - £550 per day
DevOps / Data Engineer
Location: West London
Duration: 6-12 Months
This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for assisting in the migration of on-prem Big Data infrastructure to Azure Cloud IAAS platform Develop plan and manage all aspects of DevOps pipelines within the Big Data environments.
You will have ownership of enterprise grade build, configuration, administration and management of the Development and Production instances of the Big data platforms and technologies implemented in the network and infrastructure issues with expertise & lead through to resolution within the remit of DevOps infrastructure
You will design and implement efficient networking and infrastructure related operations Instil a service mind-set and apply a strong focus on business continuity. You will become the first level go-to person for technical guidance, expertise support to consumer questions on all BI DevOps tooling
The Person Skills and experience required:
- Need solid Devops experience across AWS, API, Azure
- Hands on experience working within a Linux/Unix environment. Exposure to AWS/Azure/Google Cloud platforms
- Hands on knowledge of DevOps methodologies
- Advantageous to have experience with running components in Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Pig, Ambari, Oozie, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Mahout, Hadoop HDFS, YARN and MapReduce)
- Experience in building and managing NoSQL Database like HBase or Cassandra.