Our client is the world leader for Grid Software solutions enabling companies world-wide to optimize their control of the Grid and the transformation towards sustainable energy sources. Our teams contribute to major infrastructure projects delivering Transmission, Distribution and Market systems part of the national and regional coordination of electricity on all continents.
In an international context, the successful candidate will bring his expertise by leading the Software System Delivery part of large and complex IT projects associated to the management of electrical grid Transmission, Distribution and Market to meet the schedule, cost and quality commitments.
In the context of Grid Software projects execution within the Services organization, Services Delivery Managers ensure coordination with implementation Services teams including Solution Design, Application experts, Configuration Management, Solution Integration, Engineering and Global Delivery Centers, and work closely with the client.
· The Services Delivery Manager owns the project's Delivery Model and is the Technical Leader on the Project, working with highly skilled teams to manage and execute software development, deployment, configuration and operational testing.
· Project Execution control: Building effective Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), activity tracking to update Project Manager on progress, implementing the delivery with Agile methodology when applicable.
· Share responsibility with the Project Manager (PM), through close coordination, for scope management (change requests assessment), risk management and problem management.
· Optimising the deployment process, implementing Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Test automation process with the DevOps teams.
· Contribute to Customer management activities for technical coordination establishing trust meeting delivery commitments, together with the Project Manager who owns the Customer relationship.
· Drive excellence in execution through continuous improvement and change management. Implement software delivery performance measurement indicators.
· Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented in their area of responsibility.
· Performance Measurement: On Time Delivery, Committed budget (effort) deviation, Software Delivery Processes Compliance, Customer Satisfaction
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Services). Ideal subjects: Computer Science, IT Networking, Software Development.
Technical knowledge and experience is expected in the following domains:
· Proven years of experience in Services: software systems development and commissioning, with operation (project delivery) background.
· DevOps and Agile methodology
· Familiar with Atlassian suite, JIRA collaboration tools
· Industry knowledge in the field of operation and multi sites project organizations
· Process and methodology oriented
· Highly collaborative and able to work across the organization to accomplish common goals.
· Fluent oral / written communication skills in English
· Ability and willingness to travel
· It would be highly desirable to have some experience with:
o Energy Management Systems (EMS) or
o Distribution Management Systems (DMS) or
o Market Management Systems (MMS)
· Ability to remotely drive people towards a common goal, experience working with an offshore company preferred but not required
· Strong background in integration aspects related to computer systems.
· Applications development in IT/Multitier/SOA/Web context
· Software development experience with Java / C++ programming languages
· Software Configuration Management experience (TFS, SVN, GitHub)
· Knowledge on IT and Cybersecurity environments including Linux and Windows operating systems, Relational Databases, HW infrastructure, High Availability multitier architectures, Telecom and Network Equipments.