£500 - £600 per day
My client is rapidly expanding, and they are looking for an excellent Finance Manager to join their team, and to join them in their growth and success. You will be working alongside their multi-disciplinary team, in their brand new London offices for one of the most exciting global blockchain companies.
What you'll be doing
* Track the company's financial status and performance, provide financial reports and interpret financial information to leadership team while recommending further courses of action.
* Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
* Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans.
* Develop trends and projections for the firm's finances.
* Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
* Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
* Manage the preparation of the company's budget.
* Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
* Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
* Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
* Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
* Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
* Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
* Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
* Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
* Advise the leadership team on technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
* Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
* Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
What we require
* Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
* Critical thinking, solution focused and strong initiative
* Proven experience as a Financial Manager
* Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
* Proficient user of finance software
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Ability to develop and communicate a clear vision and motivate development team members
* Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
* A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
* Close eye for risk management and a focus on process and governance
* Situational awareness and ability to interact effectively with team members at all levels
* Comfortable balancing multiple team/stakeholder expectations and multiple levels of experience within teams
What we desire
* Strong drive for results, bias for action with superior analytical and time management skills
* Experience working in a start-up and/or tech culture
* Ability to thrive in ambiguity
* An understanding of the business with an interest and curiosity to learn more
* Emotional self-awareness, positive outlook, emotional self-control, adaptability and empathy