Endpoint Manager - (Fully remote)
Hatfield based with remote options
Xcede is excited to be partnering with a large retail Company who are looking to hire an Endpoint Manager at the mid and senior level.
The role is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the laptop/desktop entitlement management service, provisioning service, and security capability. The role leads a team of provisioning analysts, asset management specialists and endpoint security specialists to provide internal staff with computing devices, with adequate protection, to perform their duties for the business.
This is a service management and personnel leadership role with specific knowledge in operational endpoint management, logistics and security. The role is responsible to the business for early detection of intrusions through endpoint breaches, and monitoring and reporting of associated risk vectors, as well as ensuring that all employees are provided with an in-life device that is managed, tracked and secure.
You will work alongside the Head of Identity and Access Management in supporting the GIS Workplace team with management of the endpoint computing estate on a global scale
This is a fantastic opportunity for one of the UK's leading IT service providers to deliver an essential service to the business in the management of over 17,000 users worldwide.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Be responsible for the operational provisioning of endpoint computing devices (laptops/desktops) for Computacenter's internal staff;
- Manage the design of the Asset Management logistical and financial cost model, and implement development in line with departmental strategy;
- Own the operation of the core tools required to manage the asset provisioning and management framework;
- Have overall responsibility for the design of endpoint security and control systems, utilising relationships with technical delivery teams to provide a secure working environment;
- Ensure the onboarding of new generations of equipment is managed smoothly with build image commissioning through the workplace technical teams and logistical readiness;
- Be a user experience advocate; driving an enhanced user experience wherever possible;
- Manage a team of provisioning analysts to support the provisioning service;
- Meet with key stakeholders to the provisioning and access service periodically to ensure expectations are being met and changes to service are conveyed;
- Engage with the department's reporting function to ensure reports, presentations and event monitoring is performed to expectation;
- Perform investigations and present findings on exceptions or incidents that are relevant to provisioning and endpoint management activities;
- Provide internal and external audit support
Key skills/experience required:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an IT Endpoint Management position;
- 5+ years team leadership experience;
- An understanding of security risks that reside within an Endpoint estate with a clear vision of risk reduction strategies;
- An understanding of key Endpoint technologies such as anti-virus, removable media control, application control, user rights management, patching and managed update systems;
- Familiarity with Remedy ITSM, Biomni FrontOffice, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure a distinct advantage;
- Excellent report writing skills, with competencies in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Capable of reporting to a range of seniority levels, including Executive;
- Competent with recruitment, one-to-one and annual appraisal personnel tasks;
- Be able to converse at a business level in English;
- A meticulous attitude towards problem-solving;
- A desire to own and develop a service as a self-starter.
Successful candidates will be subject to background checks and clearances