A Midtown NYC Investment Bank is looking for a java developer to join their growing electronic trading team.
E-Trading Strategy sits within the bank's Global Markets division. They cover Fixed Income and FX asset classes following a "strats" model rather than being a more traditional IT function. They are a user oriented team with a wide range of developers operating globally. They are responsible for all E-Trading platforms in the dealer-to-client and dealer-to-dealer spaces, providing solutions across Rates and Credit; cash and derivatives. An ongoing effort to consolidate our electronic offering is focused on development of our execution capabilities and platforms.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a key part of this growing strats team building an electronic offering. You will be developing high performance E-Trading components with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure their solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Advanced Java (e.g. multi-threading, GC optimisation).
- Aeron or other high performance messaging protocols.
- Experience building high performance APIs.
- Object oriented design and development, design patterns.
- Auxiliary development process skillset (GIT, Maven etc.).
- Test automation technologies (e.g. Robot framework).
- Agile processes & practices e.g. Scrum.