We have a current opportunity for a Digital Firmware-Software Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Madrid. For further information about this position please apply.
Member of the R&D team in charge of the development of embedded firmware running on the company integrated circuits microprocessors, as well as the development of the test programs used in production testing. The responsibilities of the Firmware/Test Engineer also include:
* Development of the continuous integration tests of the firmware of the microprocessors during ASIC prototyping.
* Participate in specification and review of the PCBs used to implement the production testing of the company's products.
* Participation on the development of technology evaluation vehicles as well as software development kits.
* Automatization of laboratory tests and measurements using programming languages like Matlab, TCL, Python.
REQUIRED TITLE: - MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
REQUIRED EXPERTISE: - AT LEAST 3 YEARS in similar tasks.
- Experience in embedded programming, using both high-level programming languages (C/C++) as well as assembler.
- Knowledge of Real-Time Operating Systems and experience in software development for time-bound systems.
- Capable of working in code optimization (memory footprint and execution time).
- Electronic engineering knowledge. Analysis of PCB schematics.
- Knowledge of other languages (M4, R, TCL, Python, Matlab, Visual Basic for Applications, shell scripting languages).
- Problem-solving, debugging skills are a must.
- Comfortable in a barebones programming environment.
- Use of laboratory equipment like oscilloscopes and power supplies.
- Basic knowledge of lex&yacc is welcome.
- Knowledge of version control and issue tracking software is welcome. - Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages (Verilog or VHDL) is welcome. - Experience in the development of low-level drivers for Linux operating systems is welcome