Looking for a new Challenge?
Want a long contract with extensions?
want a hybrid role?
Want to work with one of the largest utility companies in the UK?
Then this is the opportunity for you. My client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to:
- Lead adoption of DevOps tools and capabilities by IT teams
- Manage the onboarding and support team on a day-to-day basis
- Work closely with the platform team to ensure requirements are added into the platform backlog.
- Providing expertise to the technical teams on how to leverage the toolingCreating and Maintaining Standards for tooling - Establishing a healthy balance on both consistency and ability to adapt for innovation.
- Managing the roll out of additional plug-ins for Jira and Confluence
- Managing the onboarding and issue management process for DevOps tooling, backlog refinement + associated processes, improving the efficiency of the team through effective suggestions for improvement and transparency.
- Providing key metrics and input into management reporting
- May evaluate and recommend new tools and capabilities to support the onboarding and issue management team.
- This individual will help define best practice and standards as well as translating teams requirements into a fit for purpose end solution.
To qualify for this contract, you must have experience in:
- Experience with DevOps tools and capabilities, such as, Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, Checkmarx, Selenium and Docker to support our digital transformation.
- Strong technical leadership and the ability to be hands on and collaborate with peers.
- Experience working with established DevOps related patterns and frameworks to ensure reuse, alongside this inputting into improvements for the needs of the organisation.
- Communicates effectively (both written and oral) to a wide range of IT Stakeholders and able to understand and translate requirements for stakeholders to convey this to your DevOps colleagues.
- Good Experience in agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban as well as agile at scale.
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Good Knowledge of working directly in the software development life cycle.
- Good Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, which includes meeting facilitation, stakeholder management, and problem-solving skills.
If this sounds interesting to you and something you want to get involved in, apply! apply! apply!
Sponsorship only available for UK applicants