£50000.00 - £80000 per annum + benefits
about 2 months ago
A large media organisation are recruiting for talented Data Scientists for its new Advanced Analytics team. The team mandate is to provide rapid, independent and high quality insight to support the decisions made across the business, interacting with a number of internal teams and acting as a central "data science lab".
The successful candidate will be passionate about using data and deep analysis to drive the business forward. First rate data and analytical skills covering both traditional statistical approaches and modern machine learning methods are expected. As an experienced professional you will have no shortage of personal examples which show clearly how your insights have transformed business performance and culture, and you will be expected to have an excellent understanding of business operations, finance and business strategy.
* Develop and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders and in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues, and the competitive marketplace.
* Evaluate current data collection and recommend additional fields and standards for capturing, maintaining, refreshing and overall governing internal data, as well as supplementing it with externally available data
* Work to integrate multiple disparate data sources from a variety of systems, such as structured and unstructured data, Speech Analytics, social media listening, digital footprints, customer behavior, financial information, proprietary market research and secondary sources, as appropriate, with a goal to discover meaningful implications for businesses to make concrete business decision
* Focus on arming businesses with fact-based decision making and enabling them to quickly and nimbly make changes, as appropriate, that may affect diverse business areas, from customer behavior to risk management, to pricing and other business strategies.
* Over time, this opportunity is expected to expand to creating the framework for an entire Data Science/ R&D Lab, also serving my client's international businesses and corporate functions as a global corporate asset.
You will need:
* Expert in the use of R, Python and SQL (or similar analytical programming languages) for advanced analytics
* Have the ability to work on your own initiative showing creativity and a committed drive to obtain the results required.
* Graduate or post graduate qualification in Maths, Statistics, the Physical Sciences, Operational Research or Computer Science
* A genuine knowledge of machine learning methods and how they might be applied for specific business and customer insights
* Large scale data computing experience (Hadoop/Spark) also beneficial as the company's engineering teams are currently beginning to put measures in place for effective real-time, large scale data storage and analysis given the sheer amount available.
If you are interested in this or other Data Scientist opportunities please contact Niall Wharton on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)203 301 9908. Unfortunately this position is only available to candidates eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
For all of our live Data Scientist positions in the UK please click here - https://www.xcede.com/jobs/data-science/united-kingdom/