Data Scientist/ Machine Learning Engineer - Technical Lead
£80,000 - £85,000 + benefits
London or York, hybrid
Xcede are excited to be partnering with a well-known transportation giant who is looking to grow their internal Machine Learning Function.
This is a hands-on role with some mentoring and guidance aspects, focusing on creating business driven POC's for deployment once approved. The role will give you the flexibility explore modelling for multiple business sectors, from fraud, logistical disruption, and customer propensity to usage forecasting. You will also help grow the team to support he frameworks you will be putting in place.
This is a great opportunity for someone to build a framework from scratch, bringing best practices to the business. You will also get a chance to empower and develop the team by providing strategic and tactical Data Science methods and technologies which increase competitive advantage.
Key skills/experience required:
- Hands on experience building Data Science models from zero.
- Hands on experience Deploying ML models.
- Some management experience, mentoring and providing guidance on projects.
- Extensive knowledge of the full ML developing cycle
- Experience developing cloud-based ML services using cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- Ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Great scientific thinking, the ability to design effective experiments which help us learn about new problems in the most efficient way
For more information, please send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Python, R, Computer Science, Statistics, Data pipelines, SQL, Regression, XGBoost, Random Forest, Decision Trees, Predictive modelling, Insurance, ML Ops, Machine Learning, CI/CD, PyData, AWS