Data Engineering Tech Lead
London, UK (Hybrid)
Leading UK Insure-tech is looking for a Data Engineering Technical Lead to join their strong Data function! You will be the principal technical contributor within the team whilst also helping to mentor and manage more junior Data Engineers. They are a data-driven business within a mature Data function so it's a great opportunity for a Lead/ Principal level Data Engineer to spearhead a high-performing Data Engineering team to tackle complex challenges! Your responsibilities as a Data Engineering Tech Lead will include but not be limited to:
- Act as a Senior member of the company's entire Data unit, suggesting improves and working with other stakeholders to ensure that Data sits at the core of the company's offering.
- Act as the most Senior member of the Data Engineering team, spearheading hands-on technical work.
- Mentoring/ managing an established team through actions as well as words.
- Take ownership of the Data Platform (Kafka and Databricks experience a bonus)
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful Data Engineering Tech Lead will have the following:
- Proficiency with Python/ SQL
- Strong data modelling
- Software Engineering experience related to Data Platforms
- Cloud Computing (ideally AWS but flexible)
- Databricks, Spark and Kafka experience a big bonus
- Competitive Salary
- Personal Development Budget
- Flexible Working
- Wider additional benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV to email@example.com or click the Apply Link.