This innovative Data and Quant driven Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund, seek a hands-on Technical Team Leader with Data Engineering + Software Development expertise including deep Python to work within a dynamic Data Engineering team architecting/designing and building greenfield pipelines, frameworks, tools, APIs (to up & downstream systems) for their NextGen X-Asset Data Platform.
You will work in partnership with Quant Research & Trading teams firmwide (Equities, Rates, Commodities, FX and Crypto). Your role will be very much hands-on, but also involving leading 3 individuals locally.
Example Projects include - Time Series & Reference Data store, Security Master, Live Mkt Data publishing, and Alpha Capture..................
- Basic Salary - 130k-170k Euros
- Bonus - 40k-80k Euros
- This will be based on technical expertise across all layers of a modern data stack, product knowledge, coding expertise
- Plus Full Benefits
- Plus 2-3 days WFH
Key Skills required
- 7-12 years exp as a Software Developer (inc. APIs) & Data Engineer (inc. Pipelines and Associated frameworks) with Python as your core language
- 3+ years in a similar role within a Bank, Fund, or Asset Management
- Polyglot skills, 1 of Java, C#, C++, Rust, Go
- Strong DB skills be it MySQL, PosgreSQL, MongoDB
- 1st class Degree in Computer Science or Data related
- ETL frameworks
- Warehousing: such as Redshift, BigQuery
- Workflow mgmt systems: such as Airflow, Luigi, Kedro
- Web Scraping experience: such as Cucumber, BeautifulSoup, Selenium
- Exposure to DevOps and Iac tech such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform
- AWS preferred (GCP, Azure), but not essential, they use both On-Prem and Vendor.