Data Engineering Manager
Location: London (hybrid work - 2 x days in office)
Salary: £80,000 - £85,000 per annum
About the Company:
I have partnered with an award-winning retail organisation with a mission to provide their customers with the best possible service. The retail company is data-driven, and they rely on analytics to make data-driven decisions. They use the latest technologies and tools to create scalable and reliable data solutions that support the business.
About the Role:
The hypergrowth retail organisation are seeking a highly skilled Data Engineering Manager to manage the small team of data engineers while remaining hands-on with the code. The successful candidate will have experience in managing high-performance teams of data engineers, will be responsible for driving data engineering initiatives and best practises. The Data Engineering Manager will play a key role in developing the data warehouse and big data platforms.
- Manage and mentor the data engineering team to ensure effective collaboration and delivery
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their requirements and identify opportunities for data-driven insights
- Design, build and maintain a scalable and reliable data warehouse platform
- Develop and maintain data pipelines to ensure timely and accurate data availability to various stakeholders
- Optimize the performance of database systems
- Monitor the data architecture to ensure data quality, integrity, and security
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, tools, and methodologies that will improve the data engineering capabilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of experience in data engineering with a focus on data pipelines development
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Proficient in SQL and experience with database management systems (DBMS)
- Experience with cloud-native data warehouses, such as Snowflake, and cloud platforms, such as Azure
- Strong understanding of big data technologies, distributed systems, and ETL processes
- Previous experience leading a team of data engineers or mentoring
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are an experienced Data Engineering Manager who is passionate about working with data to drive business insights, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity today! Alternatively please do email me your CV to email@example.com